Friday, June 5, 2009

Intro to Revision Piece

Selecting this piece proved to be problematic for me.  Initially I selected a different paper as I had just chosen the writing that I received the lowest marks on.  When I began looking deeper into the assignment I realized that it asked for the work that I felt could most benefit from a re-write.  As I thought about the assignment I began to focus in a different direction.  I selected my 3rd paper.  This paper was an analysis of bloggings affect on traditional newspapers. 

This was the paper that I felt could most benefit from a rewrite as it had the most to gain.

The assignment was: 

Develop a 3-4 page paper, in accurate MLA format for presenting academic papers, that analyzes how a specific pop culture trend challenges cultural traditions and therefore has had an impact on society as a whole.  In other words, explore the effects of the changes in some of the established traditions held by that culture.  You must include at least one clearly related quote from any of the readings, discussion boards, or blogs of the quarter.

In the original draft many of my paragraphs failed to support or move my thesis statement forward. This proved to be a problem that I struggled with on all the major paper assignments. 

In my rewrite I tried to focus the direction of the paper. Hopefully the new edits will keep it on track.  To meet the requirements of the assignment I have dropped some of the paper to conform to the length standard (such as the heading and citations).

No comments:

Post a Comment