Friday, June 5, 2009

Intro to Voice & Audience

Introduction to Voice and Audience

In this assignment we were asked to respond to the essay “Museum of Me” by Ellen Ullman.  The assignment was to evaluate Ulman’s concerns.  I chose this piece because out of anything that I had written this seemed to have the most vehement dashboard discussion.

I got lots of good responses to this work, although I think many of them were about Ullman’s misinterpretation of a popular video game.  That definitely let me draw a connection with the readers that created a lot of discussion on the boards.

Beyond that I also tied Ullman’s work into things that the readers of the post did on a daily basis.  Things like using facebook and blogging and even responding to online discussion boards (ironic considering the medium that this work was posted in). 

No comments:

Post a Comment